We connect great candidates with great clients.
Vice-President Logistics-Retail HQ
Marc Allen Associates
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
As the Vice President, Logistics, you will lead a team and the organization’s logistics operations, including transportation, fleet management (equipment and drivers), scheduling, and compliance. You will identify cost-saving opportunities and strategies throughout the traffic and logistics processes, negotiate freight rates, and identify other potential expense/cost savings. An imperative is ensuring timeliness and efficiency in delivering goods to Gabe’s DCs, tracking merchandise through the operations, and transferring the goods to stores. Leads Supply Chain’s efforts and participation in the RAM process.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Supply Chain, you will develop and maintain professional relationships with 3rd party carriers and other transportation-related companies. You’ll ensure the highest level of customer service by fostering strong relationships and driving alignments with Transportation resources, Supply Chain, Store Operations, Merchandising, and Finance teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make strategic business decisions by creating long-term and short-term planning strategies to ensure company alignment.
- Develop short, mid, and long-term plans to expand and improve the efficiency of Gabe’s fleet.
- Use informed decisions to create weekly priorities and strategies to support the business needs in driving and delivering results; communicate them to the team.
- Gain business insights, develop strategies, and allocate resources to drive excellent service standards for all stakeholders.
- Set hiring/staffing goals to support business needs; source candidates for all transportation positions.
- Lead effective talent selection, training, coaching, motivating, and recognition.
- Develop and grow internal talent through mentoring and succession planning.
- Write and deliver mid-year, individual development plans and annual reviews for direct reports.
- Ensure excellent customer service to internal and external customers and resolves all DC, store, and merchant partner questions and service issues.
- Work cross-functionally with Distribution Centers, Merchants, Stores, and Finance to ensure the Logistics strategy is defined and aligned with the Company’s overall strategic direction and goals.
- Serve as the primary contact for long-term carrier, consolidator, and fleet provider relationships.
- Responsible for managing, operating, and maintaining Gabe’s fleet of transportation equipment and drivers.
- Optimize ground, air, Gabe’s fleet, and ocean carriers for the lowest routing costs and/or maximize service on existing and new shipments.
- Implement and report to senior management on performance metrics for all aspects of the logistics process.
- Ensure Supply Chain compliance with the RAM process.
- Ensures best practices are followed to drive maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Committed to continuous improvement in an ever-changing industry and aligning it with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related field, OR equivalent experience.
- Experience in Supply Chain Management, Distribution/Freight Management, or other related professional experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Able to exercise considerable professional judgment and discretion in building and maintaining strong relationships with carriers and merchants.
- Track record of managing complex/competing priorities using time management and organization skills.
- A hands-on management approach that encourages creative problem-solving and drives positive change.
- Adept at leading leaders, building others’ skills, and fostering accountability.
- Can interact effectively at various levels in support of carrier and merchant relationships.
- Committed to continuous improvement.
- Able to effectively delegate, follow up, and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Business acumen with strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience with TMS software.
This position coordinates workflows and outputs of the Traffic team, fleet of equipment/drivers, RAM group, and their respective leaders.
- Product Focus – The ability to maintain direction and stay on target with the goals and project at hand to enhance the customer experience with our products and services.
- Business Acumen – Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Negotiating – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations; can settle differences with minimal noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiation; has a good sense of timing.
- Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Champion Change – Understands different kinds of change; motivates others to welcome change; manages the change process while maintaining operating effectiveness; establishes processes to ensure the success of change.
- Decision Quality – Make correct decisions based on analysis, experience, and judgment.
- Drive for Results – Push themselves and others consistently to meet or exceed goals.
- Managing and Measuring – Assign responsibility and set clear, measurable objectives.
- Developing Direct Reports – Push, challenge and guide direct reports so they can meet their business and career goals.
- Integrity and Trust – Seen as direct and honest individuals who can keep confidences and admit mistakes. Will not represent themselves for personal gain.
- Motivating Others – Create a positive climate that challenges and empowers others to do their best work.
- Organizing – Is able to rally people and resources to get projects completed properly; can leverage multiple partners and orchestrate the pieces of the larger picture to work in sync; stores and accesses information effectively and efficiently; can delegate and manage the delegated pieces to accomplish more in less time.
- Customer Focus – Establish a relationship with customers to glean first-hand information that will enhance their experience and our products and services.
- Profit and Loss
- Level of Service Metrics