We connect great candidates with great clients.
Senior Global Sourcing Merchandiser
As a departmental lead and Manager of a small team, you will drive the direct import program as the key contact for each of your large scope global sourcing projects. By coordinating relationships and exerting a high level of influence among all cross-functional teams, vendors, and overseas partners, you will leverage your strategic thinking and problem-solving skills to develop timelines, track progress, and determine new ways to capitalize on cost savings.
This is a unique opportunity to significantly impact a large company by managing a sizeable portfolio of products to identify new business avenues, reduce costs, increase quality, and enhance the customer experience.
- Manage global sourcing processes from strategic direction to final execution.
- Prepare and develop product and vendor proposals for merchandising teams. These are fully vetted programs with an execution plan.
- Lead weekly meetings with Sourcing Agent in China, Category Teams/Managers, and appropriate cross-functional departments/teams to ensure that a detailed timeline and process has been determined to move the project forward.
- Provide key reports to show time value of money and any possible hurdles with the project.
- Guide the Merchandising teams on next steps, and educate vendors on how to complete direct import quotes that include all cost considerations.
- Provide cost analysis for assigned teams and run Landed Cost Models (LCMs); deep knowledge of the landed cost model is required and the ability to explain how the cost analysis is conducted. In this senior-level role, you will help review LCMs of other team members and provide feedback on the cost outputs.
- Broad knowledge of different functional areas is required. For example, overseeing projects with Marketing to provide solutions on any packaging concerns, ensuring that the Supplier Receivables Program (SCR) is successfully implemented, and reviewing the Product Liability Insurance (PLI) program quarterly.
- Provide guidance to sourcing team and vendors on the different support teams projects/programs, like Virtual Warehouse, Vendor Financials, Logistics, Market Trends, and Product Development.
- Degree in International Business, Global Studies, Merchandising, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management is preferred.
- Experience in direct importing/sourcing and vendor management required; merchandising or buying experience is a plus.
- The ability to think strategically to provide solutions and move projects forward to meet project deadline dates.
- A high level of financial and analytical aptitude, including advanced Microsoft Excel skills. This includes the ability to explain the financial aspects of a sourcing program to the merchandising team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively manage cross-functional relationships.
- Personnel management experience a plus. Able to set performance expectations and objectives and coach, develop, and support direct reports.
- An assertive self-starter and a goal-oriented multi-tasker who can effectively plan and organize complex projects.
- Experience traveling overseas to partner with and assess factories is a plus.