We connect great candidates with great clients.
Product Development Line Manager
We are looking for a creative, “out of the box” thinker who has a passion for home & garden products. You’ll own the full product line and life cycle from initial idea through development, launch, ongoing operations, and product expansion, driving product strategy, product development priorities, and product release plans.
You will have the ability to identify new product opportunities by recognizing market and consumer trends and customer personas. You will then formulate long term product ideas to ensure home category growth and profitability, sourcing these new products by finding companies that produce them. Working closely with other Product Managers, you will play a key role in coordinating and curating new looks for catalog and online initiatives. You will also partner with the graphics team, product marketing, sales teams, and key customers.
- Define the product strategy and road map.
- Create new concepts that enhance and improve existing products, to differentiate this family of products from other brands via additional features and improved function/reliability.
- Analyze relevant product information; identify and source new products appropriate to new emerging consumer trends.
- Develop completely new product concepts within existing categories, and in new categories, including ideation, design, engineering, vendor selection and interface, and manufacturing launch.
- Locate, evaluate, and recommend new factories to grow the existing supplier base, focusing on developing new capabilities and processes complementary to current sources.
- Deliver market research and product specifications.
- Be the link between sales, production, customer service, and technical support teams.
- Manage all steps of the product life cycle and report performance to the leadership team.
- Ensure on-time execution of new products to meet release deadlines.
- Coordinate efforts throughout the production process, including R&D, Sourcing, Design, and Product Development.
- Coordinate catalog and retail execution plans with the Marketing team.
- Work with planning and allocation to recommend actions to Product Development leadership.
- Develop seasonal plans and inventory analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Product Development experience (in a related industry preferred).
- Proven experience sourcing, pricing, packaging, and merchandising gifts and accessories that make a statement in the marketplace.
- A passion for the product categories – including outdoor/garden home décor, personal accessories, and gifts.
- Demonstrated success in a specialized product line.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office – (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel internationally 4-6 weeks/year.