We connect great candidates with great clients.
Manager, Financial Planning Analysis (FP&A)
In this newly created, highly visible role, you’ll analyze the financial performance of the business, establishing monthly financial forecasts and budgetary goals, and providing key business decision support and strategy to executive leaders. Partnering cross-functionally, you’ll deliver value, and provide recommendations on profit, expense, and cost-saving opportunities. Additionally, you will:
- Manage department deliverables, provide leadership, guidance, and support to staff members through effective goal setting (YOs), performance management, and professional development.
- Create a service-oriented environment to meet the needs of internal/external customers.
- Develop a calendar of activities and helps train existing team members in FP&A best practices.
- Oversee updates to the financial forecast in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare an annual plan in conjunction with input from all departments; ensure input has been documented and properly included.
- Ensure all budgeted expenses are adequately documented and supported, properly calendarized and in line with the company’s overall strategic plans.
- Work with department heads to ensure budgeted goals are met; oversee budget revisions and ensure communication to department heads.
- Identify and call out weekly issues affecting the Company’s operations, profitability, and inventory position.
- Provide financial analysis for relevant issues that could impact the business.
- Establish models that provide information on the Company’s current operating trend.
- Manage the department reporting to support business needs.
- Recommend improvements and develop strategies to improve overall department effectiveness and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or related field. MBA or CPA preferred.
- 5-6 years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis within retail, supply chain and/or operations; 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience building out Financial Performance Management Systems.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Database skills and extensive knowledge of Excel; analytical proficiency in data research and interpretation.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback; a solid verbal and written communicator.
Their HQ has been described as a work environment that encourages a high degree of collaboration, creativity, and teamwork. They adhere to five basic principles:
Their goal is to provide outstanding customer service to both their customers and associates.
An open office environment and quarterly meetings ensure that HQ associates are always in the loop. In addition, their stores meet by district twice a year to make sure field associates stay ahead of the game.
Development and Recognition
Hard work does not go unnoticed with a quarterly celebration for newly promoted associates and their Individual and Team Impact Awards.
They established a foundation to raise funds and partner with non-profit organizations dedicated to helping women and changing lives. They also help those who are less fortunate in their local communities.
- Medical: includes preventive, urgent, and maternity care, mental health, hospital coverage, prescription drug coverage and more. HMO, PPO and traditional Indemnity plans are available depending upon work location.
- Dental Insurance: includes preventative care, as well as acute care and orthodontia coverage.
- Vision Insurance: annual eye exams, and a discount on frames, lenses and contact lenses with preferred providers.
- Life: Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage is issued at no cost to employees. In addition, employees are given an opportunity to apply for additional coverage.
- Short-Term Disability: provided at no cost to employees.
- 401(k) Savings Plan: All employees who meet eligibility requirements may invest in the Company 401(k) Plan. Employees may roll over a 401(k) balance from a previous employer at any time.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Employees may apply for Tuition Reimbursement for qualified courses and college degree programs after 6 months of service. Tuition and books are covered with some restrictions, and all covered fees are reimbursed after completing the qualified course with a satisfactory grade.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers employees and their family’s free confidential assistance for issues involving emotional well-being, finances, legal, addiction and recovery, education and more. Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, either by phone or through up to 3 in-person visits per year.
- Child Care: Employees are eligible for a discount at participating KinderCare locations nationwide.
Other Benefits & Amenities
Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.