We connect great candidates with great clients.
Director-Digital Experience, Search
In this newly created highly strategic role for our Fortune 300, industry-leading client, you will drive all global SEO and SEM strategies, leading a team of exceptionally skilled Subject Matter experts and agency partners. Specifically, you will lead demand generation for the following digital demand channels: PPC/SEM, PLA, LIA, SEO, and 3rd party marketplaces with an eye on total SERP optimization and driving local store traffic. Your ability to think bigger picture will enable you to have strategic discussions with Executives and C-Suite leaders routinely and ultimately build out an internal agency.
- Develop and execute a holistic search strategy that encompasses both SEM and SEO.
- Lead strategy, execution, and monitoring of SEM and SEO campaigns, KPIs, and success metrics.
- Build and execute a content strategy to grow organic “how-to” traffic.
- Ensure that search campaigns and strategy are aligned with business objectives.
- Grow online traffic share in ComScore.
- Expand Google Shopping capabilities and reach.
- Own and manage processes for digital content creation and execution related to Search.
- Own and manage several large budgets and part of the online P&L.
Leadership & Cross-Functional Partnerships
- Develop and mentor the Search team on best practices, tools, and emerging strategies.
- Lead a team of both technical and content SEO
- Partner with other Digital Directors on the roadmap for B2C and B2B digital marketing capabilities and emerging technologies.
- Partner with IT, Marketing, Merchandising, and large external marketing agencies and firms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Digital Design, Technology, Science or equivalent required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of total experience in retail, eCommerce, digital commerce, online marketing, mobile commerce, technology, or digital business management.
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience building and leading digital marketing strategy for an established top tier retailer, preferably within an omnichannel and large store footprint
- Proven experience leading digital, search and marketing strategy with a history of accelerated growth; must have a deep understanding and hands-on experience with SEO (organic search), paid search, the Google ecosystem, SA360, or other management tools.
- Experience creating and managing integrated multi-dimensional digital campaigns; experience leveraging 1st party data preferred.
- Ability to recruit and retain top tier digital talent; strong dynamic team leader and mentor; excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to empowerment.
- Excellent analytical, management, and communication skills, both written and oral, to synthesize key issues, develop strategies and processes, communicate, and persuade others towards specific optimized processes and working partnerships.
- Strong analytical and finance experience required, extraordinarily strong in technology and business management.
- Ability to work actively with a team and cross-functionally to solve issues and/or create opportunities; a team player with a collaborative approach who shares success.
- Experience working with and partnering with outside agencies.
- Experience within ATG or an equivalent environment preferred.