We connect great candidates with great clients.
Director, International Transportation Procurement
The Director International Transportation Procurement is a highly complex role for someone with extensive knowledge and expertise specifically associated with international contracting, capacity management, and solution development. You will lead, direct, develop, implement, control, and coordinate all aspects of bids, negotiations, claims, contracts, shrink, and compliance. Supporting cost controls, service standards, and long-range planning, you will develop cost controls, strategies, and analysis to meet transportation expense targets with an annual freight budget exceeding $300M.
With responsibility for the drayage and international transportation 3PL and 4PL bid processes, selection, contracts, controls, and high-level relationships, you will be directly responsible for bid events, analysis, recommendations, strategic solutions, and new origin programs supported globally by 3PL and 4PLs including international freight forwarders, steamship lines, chassis providers, drayage providers, origin consolidation providers, origin warehouse management providers, origin and destination port/terminal partners and non-vessel contract carriers.
• Direct the development of and execution of processes and strategies to support an integrated supply-chain network.
• Responsible for developing a service provider network to maintain cost controls, support company growth objectives, and maintain or improve service standards.
• Responsible for evaluation process for rate/service proposals and negotiations for a multi-modal supply chain network.
• Define client strategic vendor business development and transportation programs to support company growth and minimize risk to the supply chain network.
• Provide direction and guidance on procurement policies to ensure integrity, controls, and transparency within the organization.
• Coordinate and facilitate negotiations to best benefit Ross costs and service requirements.
• Create and maintain professional relationships with all transportation providers utilized.
• Through logical bidding processes and evaluations, select providers and negotiate contracts to support cost controls, expected performance metrics, and company growth with integrity and transparency for multiple modes.
• Ensure that appropriate contractual relationships exist with all carriers, 3PLs and 4PLs.
• Coordinate and facilitate strategic partnerships with providers as appropriate.
• Coordinate and facilitate quarterly performance and strategy meetings with strategic partners.
• Ensure controls are in place and validated to support contractual, insurance, and risk management compliance with current legal regulations and client policies.
• Analysis and Judgment
• Credibility and Trust
• Builds Organizational Capacity
• Drive Results
• Confronting Tough Issues
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 10 years of transportation procurement and contractual experience.
• Bachelor or MBA Degree in Transportation, Logistics, or Business related preferred.
• 10-15 years prior transportation management experience, TMS expertise preferred.
• 4-6 years retail transportation experience is a plus.
• Specialized transportation expertise with insurance requirements, claims, hazardous materials, food transport, trailer leasing, and fleet management.
• 5 years management level experience.
• Transportation insurance and claims experience.
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to communicate with all levels and departments both within and outside the company.
• Logistics background within the retail industry.
• Working knowledge of MS Windows, Word, Excel, and Access
• Experience with hands-on utilization of current supply-chain software applications and systems.
• Sr Managers – Transportation Procurement
• Managers – Transportation Procurement
• Exempt and non-exempt support staff