We connect great candidates with great clients.
Benefits Manager, Time Away
Marc Allen Associates
The Benefits Manager, Time Away will report directly to the Director of Benefits and will be responsible for the strategy, design, implementation, insights and intelligence and administration of ALL Paid-Time-Off (PTO) programs, Leave of Absence, Bereavement, Life and Disability, and salary continuation. This will be the lead role responsible for preparing, vetting, and presenting recommendations to management. This role will be the Project Manager, Liaison to IT, Legal, Communications, compliance and the business for any existing or new programs and will partner with operations on flexible scheduling and Workers Compensation to evaluate if AutoZone should consider an Integrated Disability Management Model pulling occupational and non-occupational Workers Compensation and Disability programs and if so implement and manage such programs.
- Hire, supervise, and train staff to maximize workforce utilization and accommodate changing business requirements.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and performance of department workflow and skills and take appropriate action.
- Provide independent decision-making for guidance, interpretation of responsibilities, and problem-solving.
- Administration and implementation of absence management benefits.
- Oversee administration and communication of disability and leave management programs, including workers’ compensation, FMLA, ADA, and internal leave of absence policy.
- Research external benchmarking to implement new benefit programs and evaluate the effectiveness of existing plans and their ability to best meet the needs of management and employees.
- Maintain, update, and communicate all benefits contract changes, summary plan descriptions, and benefits policies.
- Monitor workers’ compensation claims exposure to reduce medical costs and fraudulent claims.
- Liaise with multiple third-party administrators to ensure compliance with state, federal, and company contract provisions, financial reporting, billing reconciliation and cost analysis, renewal negotiation, plan communications, and internal and external system audits.
- Research, review, and monitor benefit programs/processes to ensure internal and external compliance with federal and state government regulations.
- Oversees required state and federal regulatory filings.
- Monitor pre-employment, random, and post-accident drug and alcohol testing.
- Ensure compliance with DOT regulations and communicate with Employee Relations regarding positive results and terminations.
- 8 Leave of Absence Analysts.
- 7-10 years of direct experience in managing benefits programs, vendors, and direct reports.
- Knowledge of benefits regulatory laws preferred.
- Able to multi-task assignments, projects, and daily responsibilities with accuracy.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to make judgments and take actions that may set precedents.
- A high level of comfort working with all levels of employees.
- Subject Matter Expert use of Microsoft Office is required, particularly in Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Proven experience using Human Resource Information Systems; use of Human Capital Management Benefits Absence Module preferred.
- Able to generate queries and develop ad hoc leave of absence reporting.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and accounting structure.
- Excellent mathematical skills.